FCC 24.804 Revised as of October 1, 2014
Goto Year:2013 |
§ 24.804 Eligibility.
(a) General. Authorizations will be granted upon proper application if:
(1) The applicant is qualified under all applicable laws and Commission
regulations, policies and decisions;
(2) There are frequencies available to provide satisfactory service;
(3) The public interest, convenience or necessity would be served by a
(b) Alien ownership. A broadband PCS authorization to provide
Commercial Mobile Radio Service may not be granted to or held by:
(1) Any alien or the representative of any alien.
(2) Any corporation organized under the laws of any foreign government.
(3) Any corporation of which more than one-fifth of the capital stock
is owned of record or voted by aliens or their representatives or by a
foreign government or representative thereof or any corporation
organized under the laws of another country.
(4) Any corporation directly or indirectly controlled by any other
corporation of which more than one-fourth of the capital stock is owned
of record or voted by aliens, their representatives, or by a foreign
government or representative thereof, or by any corporation organized
under the laws of a foreign country, if the Commission finds that the
public interest will be served by the refusal or revocation of such a
(c) A broadband PCS authorization to provide Private Mobile Radio
Service may not be granted to or held by a foreign government or a
[ 59 FR 37610 , July 22, 1994, as amended at 61 FR 55581 , Oct. 28, 1996]
return arrow Back to Top
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.