Goto Section: 80.955 | 80.957 | Table of Contents
Revised as of December 4, 2012
Goto Year:2011 |
§ 80.956 Required frequencies and uses.
(a) Each VHF radiotelephone installation must be capable of
transmitting and receiving G3E emission as follows:
(1) Channel 16—156.800 MHz-Distress, Safety and Calling; and
(2) Channel 6—156.300 MHz—Primary intership.
(b) The radiotelephone station must have additional frequencies as
(1) Those ship movement frequencies appropriate to the vessel's area of
operation: Channel 11—156.550 MHz, Channel 12—156.600 MHz, or Channel
(2) The navigational bridge-to-bridge frequency, 156.650 MHz (channel
(3) Such other frequencies as required for the vessel's service.
(4) One channel for receiving marine navigational warnings for the area
(c) Every radiotelephone station must include one or more transmitters,
one or more receivers, one or more sources of energy and associated
antennas and control equipment. The radiotelephone station, exclusive
of the antennas and source of energy, must be located as high as
practicable on the vessel, preferably on the bridge, and protected from
water, temperature, and electrical and mechanical noise.
[ 51 FR 31213 , Sept. 2, 1986, as amended at 53 FR 17052 , May 13, 1988]
return arrow Back to Top
Goto Section: 80.955 | 80.957
Goto Year: 2011 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public