Goto Section: 87.107 | 87.111 | Table of Contents
Revised as of September 1, 2021
Goto Year:2020 |
§ 87.109 Station logs.
(a) A station at a fixed location in the international aeronautical
mobile service must maintain a log in accordance with Annex 10 of the
(b) A station log must contain the following information:
(1) The name of the agency operating the station.
(2) The identification of the station.
(3) The date.
(4) The time of opening and closing the station.
(5) The frequencies being guarded and the type of watch (continuous or
scheduled) being maintained on each frequency.
(6) Except at intermediate mechanical relay stations where the
provisions of this paragraph need not be complied with, a record of
each communication showing text of communication, time communications
completed, station(s) communicated with, and frequency used.
(7) All distress communications and action thereon.
(8) A brief description of communications conditions and difficulties,
including harmful interference. Such entries should include, whenever
practicable, the time at which interference was experienced, the
character, radio frequency and identification of the interfering
(9) A brief description of interruption to communications due to
equipment failure or other troubles, giving the duration of the
interruption and action taken.
(10) Such additional information as may be considered by the operator
to be of value as part of the record of the stations operations.
(c) Stations maintaining written logs must also enter the signature of
each operator, with the time the operator assumes and relinquishes a
[ 69 FR 32879 , June 14, 2004]
Goto Section: 87.107 | 87.111
Goto Year: 2020 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public