Goto Section: 80.503 | 80.507 | Table of Contents
Revised as of September 1, 2021
Goto Year:2020 |
§ 80.505 Points of communication.
(a) Private coast stations and marine utility stations are authorized
(1) With any mobile station in the maritime mobile service for the
exchange of safety communications;
(2) With any land station for the purpose of aiding the exchange of
(3) With ship stations.
(b) Private coast stations of the same licensee may be authorized to
communicate on a secondary basis between themselves if:
(1) The communications are confined exclusively to those for which
authority has been granted the coast station, and concerns ships with
which one or both of the coast stations are authorized to communicate;
(2) Other satisfactory point-to-point communication facilities between
the coast stations are unavailable; and
(3) Coast stations which communicate with each other are not more than
160 km (100 miles) apart; and
(4) Harmful interference is not cause to mobile stations.
(c) A private coast station and associated marine utility stations
serving and located on a shipyard regularly engaged in construction or
repair of commercial transport vessels or Government vessels are
authorize to communicate between stations when they are licensed to the
same entity and communications are limited to serving the needs of
ships on a non-interference basis to other stations in the maritime
mobile service. A separate showing is required.
Goto Section: 80.503 | 80.507
Goto Year: 2020 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public