Goto Section: 76.1601 | 76.1603 | Table of Contents
Revised as of October 20, 2020
Goto Year:2020 |
§ 76.1602 Customer service—general information.
(a) A cable franchise authority may enforce the customer service
standards set forth in paragraph (b) of this section against cable
operators. The franchise authority must provide affected cable
operators 90 days written notice of its intent to enforce standards.
(b) The cable operator shall provide written information on each of the
following areas at the time of installation of service, at least
annually to all subscribers, and at any time upon request:
(1) Products and services offered;
(2) Prices and options for programming services and conditions of
subscription to programming and other services;
(3) Installation and service maintenance policies;
(4) Instructions on how to use the cable service;
(5) Channel positions of programming carried on the system; and
(6) Billing and complaint procedures, including the address and
telephone number of the local franchise authority's cable office.
(7) Effective May 1, 2011, any assessed fees for rental of navigation
devices and single and additional CableCARDs; and,
(8) Effective May 1, 2011, if such provider includes equipment in the
price of a bundled offer of one or more services, the fees reasonably
(i) The rental of single and additional CableCARDs; and
(ii) The rental of operator-supplied navigation devices.
(c) Subscribers shall be advised of the procedures for resolution of
complaints about the quality of the television signal delivered by the
cable system operator, including the address of the responsible officer
of the local franchising authority.
[ 65 FR 53617 , Sept. 5, 2000, as amended at 76 FR 40279 , July 8, 2011;
83 FR 7631 , Feb. 22, 2018]
Goto Section: 76.1601 | 76.1603
Goto Year: 2020 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public