Goto Section: 73.1217 | 73.1226 | Table of Contents
Revised as of November 25, 2020
Goto Year:2020 |
§ 73.1225 Station inspections by FCC.
(a) The licensee of a broadcast station shall make the station
available for inspection by representatives of the FCC during the
station's business hours, or at any time it is in operation.
(b) In the course of an inspection or investigation, an FCC
representative may require special equipment tests, program tests or
operation with nighttime or presunrise facilities during daytime hours
pursuant to § 0.314, part 0, of the FCC rules.
(c) The following records shall be made available by all broadcast
stations upon request by representatives of the FCC.
(1) Equipment performance measurements required by § § 73.1590 and
(2) The written designations for chief operators and, when applicable,
the contracts for chief operators engaged on a contract basis.
(3) Application for modification of the transmission system made
pursuant to § 73.1690(c).
(4) Informal statements or drawings depicting any transmitter
modification made pursuant to § 73.1690(e).
(5) Station logs and special technical records.
(d) Commercial and noncommercial AM stations must make the following
information also available upon request by representatives of the FCC.
(1) Copy of the most recent antenna or common-point impedance
(2) Copy of the most recent field strength measurements made to
establish performance of directional antennas required by § 73.151.
(3) Copy of the partial directional antenna proofs of performance made
in accordance with § 73.154 and made pursuant to the following
(i) Section 73.68, Sampling systems for antenna monitors.
(ii) Section 73.69, Antenna monitors.
(iii) Section 73.61, AM direction antenna field strength measurements.
[ 43 FR 45846 , Oct. 4, 1978; 43 FR 50683 , Oct. 31, 1978, as amended at
51 FR 41629 , Nov. 18, 1986; 51 FR 44478 , Dec. 10, 1986; 57 FR 48333 ,
Oct. 23, 1992]
Goto Section: 73.1217 | 73.1226
Goto Year: 2020 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public