Goto Section: 5.59 | 5.63 | Table of Contents
Revised as of October 26, 2020
Goto Year:2020 |
§ 5.61 Procedure for obtaining a special temporary authorization.
(a)(1) An applicant may request a Special Temporary Authorization (STA)
for operation of a conventional experimental radio service station
during a period of time not to exceed 6 months.
(2) Applications for STA must be submitted electronically through the
Office of Engineering and Technology Web site http://www.fcc.gov/els at
least 10 days prior to the proposed operation. Applications filed less
than 10 days prior to the proposed operation date will be accepted only
upon a showing of good cause.
(3) In special situations, as defined in § 1.915(b)(1) of this chapter,
a request for STA may be made by telephone or electronic media provided
a properly signed application is filed within 10 days of such request.
(b) An application for STA shall contain the following information:
(1) Name, address, phone number (also email address and facsimile
number, if available) of the applicant.
(2) Explanation of why an STA is needed.
(3) Description of the operation to be conducted and its purpose.
(4) Time and dates of proposed operation.
(5) Class(es) of station (e.g., fixed, mobile, or both) and call sign
of station (if applicable).
(6) Description of the location(s) and, if applicable, geographical
coordinates of the proposed operation.
(7) Equipment to be used, including name of manufacturer, model and
number of units.
(8) Frequency (or frequency bands) requested.
(9) Maximum effective radiated power (ERP) or equivalent isotropically
radiated power (EIRP).
(10) Emission designator (see § 2.201 of this chapter) or describe
emission (bandwidth, modulation, etc.)
(11) Overall height of antenna structure above the ground (if greater
than 6 meters above the ground or an existing structure, see part 17 of
this chapter concerning notification to the FAA).
(c) Extensions of an STA may be granted provided that an application
for a conventional experimental license that is consistent with the
terms and conditions of that STA (i.e., there is no increase in
interference potential to authorized services) has been filed at least
15 days prior to the expiration of the licensee's STA. When such an
application is timely filed, operations may continue in accordance with
the other terms and conditions of the STA pending disposition of the
application, unless the applicant is notified otherwise by the
[ 78 FR 25162 , Apr. 29, 2013]
Goto Section: 5.59 | 5.63
Goto Year: 2020 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public