Goto Section: 24.403 | 24.415 | Table of Contents
Revised as of September 1, 2021
Goto Year:2020 |
§ 24.404 Eligibility.
(a) General. Authorizations will be granted upon proper application if:
(1) The applicant is qualified under the applicable laws and the
regulations, policies and decisions issued under the laws, including
(2) There are frequencies available to provide satisfactory service;
(3) The public interest, convenience or necessity would be served by a
(b) Alien ownership. A narrowband PCS authorization to provide
Commercial Mobile Radio Service may not be granted to or held by:
(1) Any alien or the representative of any alien.
(2) Any corporation organized under the laws of any foreign government.
(3) Any corporation of which more than one-fifth of the capital stock
is owned of record or voted by aliens or their representatives or by a
foreign government or representative thereof or any corporation
organized under the laws of a foreign country.
(4) Any corporation directly or indirectly controlled by any other
corporation of which more than one-fourth of the capital stock is owned
or voted by aliens, their representatives, or by a foreign government
or representative thereof, or by any corporation organized under the
laws of a foreign country, if the Commission finds that the public
interest will be served by the refusal or revocation of such license. A
Narrowband PCS authorization to provide Private Mobile Radio Service
may not be granted to or held by a foreign government or a
[ 59 FR 26749 , May 24, 1994, as amended at 61 FR 55581 , Oct. 28, 1996;
65 FR 35855 , June 6, 2000]
Goto Section: 24.403 | 24.415
Goto Year: 2020 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public