Goto Section: 25.150 | 25.152 | Table of Contents
Revised as of October 1, 2016
Goto Year:2015 |
§ 25.151 Public notice.
(a) At regular intervals, the Commission will issue public notices
(1) The receipt of applications for new station authorizations, except
applications for space station licenses filed pursuant to
§ 25.110(b)(3)(i) or (ii) of this part;
(2) The receipt of applications for license or registration of
receive-only earth stations;
(3) The receipt of applications for major modifications to station
(4) The receipt of major amendments to pending applications;
(5) The receipt of applications to assign or transfer control of space
station facilities, transmitting earth station facilities, or
international receive-only earth station facilities;
(6) Significant Commission actions regarding applications;
(7) Information that the Commission in its discretion believes to be of
(8) Special environmental considerations as required by part 1 of this
(9) Submission of Coordination Requests and Appendix 30B filings to the
ITU in response to requests filed pursuant to § 25.110(b)(3)(i) and
(10) The receipt of space station application information filed
pursuant to § 25.110(b)(3)(iii); and
(11) The receipt of notifications of non-routine transmission filed
pursuant to § 25.140(d).
(b) Special public notices may also be issued at other times under
special circumstances involving non-routine matters where speed is of
the essence and efficiency of Commission process will be served
(c) A public notice will not normally be issued for receipt of any of
the following applications:
(1) For authorization of a minor technical change in the facilities of
an authorized station;
(2) For temporary authorization pursuant to § 25.120.
(3) For an authorization under any of the proviso clauses of section
308(a) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended [47 U.S.C.
(4) For consent to an involuntary assignment or transfer of control of
a transmitting earth station authorization; or
(5) For consent to an assignment or transfer of control of a space
station authorization or a transmitting earth station authorization,
where the assignment or transfer does not involve a substantial change
in ownership or control; or
(6) For change in location of an earth station operating in the 4/6 GHz
and 10.95-11.7 GHz bands by no more than 1″ in latitude and/or
longitude and for change in location of an earth station operating in
the 12/14 GHz bands by no more than 10″ in latitude and/or longitude.
(d) Except as specified in paragraph (e) of this section, no
application that has appeared on public notice will be granted until
the expiration of a period of thirty days following the issuance of the
public notice listing the application, or any major amendment thereto.
Any comments or petitions must be delivered to the Commission by that
date in accordance with § 25.154.
(e)(1) Applicants seeking authority to operate a temporary fixed earth
station pursuant to § 25.277 may consider their applications
“provisionally granted,” and may initiate operations upon the placement
of the complete FCC Form 312 application on public notice, provided
(i) The temporary fixed earth station will operate only in the
conventional Ku-band (14.0-14.5 GHz and 11.7-12.2 GHz bands);
(ii) The temporary fixed earth station's operations will be consistent
with all routine-licensing requirements for the conventional Ku-band;
(iii) The temporary fixed earth station's operations will be limited to
satellites on the Permitted Space Station List.
(2) Applications for authority granted pursuant to paragraph (e)(1) of
this section shall be placed on public notice pursuant to paragraph
(a)(1) of this section. If no comments or petitions are filed within 30
days of the public notice date, the authority granted will be
considered a regular temporary fixed earth station authorization as of
30 days after the public notice date. If a comment or petition is filed
within 30 days of the public notice date, the applicant must suspend
operations immediately pending resolution of the issues raised in that
comment or petition.
[ 56 FR 24016 , May 28, 1991, as amended at 58 FR 68061 , Dec. 23, 1993;
70 FR 32254 , June 2, 2005; 81 FR 55333 , Aug. 18, 2016]
return arrow Back to Top
Goto Section: 25.150 | 25.152
Goto Year: 2015 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public