Goto Section: 1.21000 | 1.21002 | Table of Contents
Revised as of October 1, 2016
Goto Year:2015 |
§ 1.21001 Participation in competitive bidding for support.
Link to an amendment published at 81 FR 44448 , July 7, 2016.
(a) Public Notice of the Application Process. The dates and procedures
for submitting applications to participate in competitive bidding
pursuant to this subpart shall be announced by public notice.
(b) Application Contents. An applicant to participate in competitive
bidding pursuant to this subpart shall provide the following
information in an acceptable form:
(1) The identity of the applicant, i.e., the party that seeks support,
including any required information regarding parties that have an
ownership or other interest in the applicant;
(2) The identities of up to three individuals authorized to make or
withdraw a bid on behalf of the applicant;
(3) The identities of all real parties in interest to any agreements
relating to the participation of the applicant in the competitive
(4) Certification that the application discloses all real parties in
interest to any agreements involving the applicant's participation in
the competitive bidding;
(5) Certification that the applicant and all applicable parties have
complied with and will continue to comply with § 1.21002;
(6) Certification that the applicant is in compliance with all
statutory and regulatory requirements for receiving the universal
service support that the applicant seeks;
(7) Certification that the applicant will make any payment that may be
required pursuant to § 1.21004;
(8) Certification that the individual submitting the application is
authorized to do so on behalf of the applicant; and
(9) Such additional information as may be required.
(c) Financial Requirements for Participation. As a prerequisite to
participating in competitive bidding, an applicant may be required to
post a bond or place funds on deposit with the Commission in an amount
based on the default payment that may be required pursuant to § 1.21004.
The details of and deadline for posting such a bond or making such a
deposit will be announced by public notice. No interest will be paid on
any funds placed on deposit.
(d) Application Processing. (1) Any timely submitted application will
be reviewed by Commission staff for completeness and compliance with
the Commission's rules. No untimely applications shall be reviewed or
(2) An applicant will not be permitted to participate in competitive
bidding if the application does not identify the applicant as required
by the public notice announcing application procedures or does not
include all required certifications, as of the deadline for submitting
(3) An applicant will not be permitted to participate in competitive
bidding if the applicant has not provided any bond or deposit of funds
required pursuant to § 1.21001(c), as of the applicable deadline.
(4) An applicant may not make major modifications to its application
after the deadline for submitting the application. An applicant will
not be permitted to participate in competitive bidding if Commission
staff determines that the application requires major modifications to
be made after that deadline. Major modifications include, but are not
limited to, any changes in the ownership of the applicant that
constitute an assignment or transfer of control, or any changes in the
identity of the applicant, or any changes in the required
(5) An applicant may be permitted to make minor modifications to its
application after the deadline for submitting applications. Minor
modifications may be subject to a deadline specified by public notice.
Minor modifications include correcting typographical errors and
supplying non-material information that was inadvertently omitted or
was not available at the time the application was submitted.
(6) After receipt and review of the applications, an applicant that
will be permitted participate in competitive bidding shall be
identified in a public notice.
return arrow Back to Top
Goto Section: 1.21000 | 1.21002
Goto Year: 2015 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public