FCC 80.501 Revised as of October 1, 2014
Goto Year:2013 |
§ 80.501 Supplemental eligibility requirements.
(a) A private coast station or a marine utility station may be granted
only to a person who is:
(1) Regularly engaged in the operation, docking, direction,
construction, repair, servicing or management of one or more commercial
transport vessels or United States, state or local government vessels;
(2) Responsible for the operation, control, maintenance or development
of a harbor, port or waterway used by commercial transport vessels; or
(3) Engaged in furnishing a ship arrival and departure service, and
will employ the station only for the purpose of obtaining the
information essential to that service; or is
(4) A corporation proposing to furnish a nonprofit radio communication
service to its parent corporation, to another subsidiary of the same
parent, or to its own subsidiary where the party to be served performs
any of the eligibility activities described in this section; or is
(5) A nonprofit corporation or association, organized to furnish a
maritime mobile service solely to persons who operate one or more
commercial transport vessels; or is
(6) Responsible for the operation of bridges, structures or other
installations that area part of, or directly related to, a harbor, port
or waterway when the operation of such facilities requires radio
communications with vessels for safety or navigation; or is
(7) A person controlling public moorage facilities; or is
(8) A person servicing or supplying vessels other than commercial
transport vessels; or is
(9) An organized yacht club with moorage facilities; or is
(10) A nonprofit organization providing noncommercial communications to
vessels other than commercial transport vessels.
(b) Each application for station authorization for a private coast
station or a marine utility station must be accompanied by a statement
indicating eligibility under paragraph (a) of this section.
return arrow Back to Top
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.