FCC 1.17 Revised as of October 1, 2014
Goto Year:2013 |
§ 1.17 Truthful and accurate statements to the Commission.
(a) In any investigatory or adjudicatory matter within the Commission's
jurisdiction (including, but not limited to, any informal adjudication
or informal investigation but excluding any declaratory ruling
proceeding) and in any proceeding to amend the FM or Television Table
of Allotments (with respect to expressions of interest) or any tariff
proceeding, no person subject to this rule shall;
(1) In any written or oral statement of fact, intentionally provide
material factual information that is incorrect or intentionally omit
material information that is necessary to prevent any material factual
statement that is made from being incorrect or misleading; and
(2) In any written statement of fact, provide material factual
information that is incorrect or omit material information that is
necessary to prevent any material factual statement that is made from
being incorrect or misleading without a reasonable basis for believing
that any such material factual statement is correct and not misleading.
(b) For purpose of paragraph (a) of this section, "persons subject to
this rule" shall mean the following:
(1) Any applicant for any Commission authorization;
(2) Any holder of any Commission authorization, whether by application
or by blanket authorization or other rule;
(3) Any person performing without Commission authorization an activity
that requires Commission authorization;
(4) Any person that has received a citation or a letter of inquiry from
the Commission or its staff, or is otherwise the subject of a
Commission or staff investigation, including an informal investigation;
(5) In a proceeding to amend the FM or Television Table of Allotments,
any person filing an expression of interest; and
(6) To the extent not already covered in this paragraph (b), any cable
operator or common carrier.
[ 68 FR 15098 , Mar. 28, 2003]
return arrow Back to Top
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.